Lotion Bars are a great option to moisturizing!
Hey all! I’m so glad you are reading this today. I’ve been using lotion bars for several years now. The first time I shared lotion bars with you was in 2016. With all natural and simple ingredients; I just love them. There is a lot of information and recipes out there. Here is my favorite recipe.i also include the recipe I currently use.
Lotion Bars Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter (or a mix of all three)
- 1 cup beeswax
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and other essential oils.
All these ingredients can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay and health food stores such as Trader Joe’s. Whenever possible go with organic unrefined ingredients.
Lotion Bars Instructions
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils if using) in a double boiler, or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it. OR Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid and place the jar in a small saucepan of water until melted.
- Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils.
- Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
- Carefully pour into molds. I use silicone heart and rose shaped molds. There are many molds to choose from, but silicone molds are the easiest to pop out.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool (approximately 2-4 hours) completely before attempting to pop out of molds.
Note: This recipe can be adjusted to make any quantity that you’d like. For a small batch, this recipe could be cut in half or even one fourth. Other ingredients can be added – essential oils, oats, dried flowers, and fragrances if you like. For now, I will be trying this simple recipe and then working my own spin on it.
My current recipe- guys I’m going to be totally honest I don’t use exact measurements I kind of eyeball it. These are the items I use:
- cocoa butter,
- mango butter
- Shea butter
- coconut oil.
I make sure to use more butters than beeswax. You have to make sure you do this so your lotion bar will not leave your skin sticky (if you have too much wax this is what will happen).
Guys I hope you have enjoyed this post! Until next…